contact us today

516-561-6645 718-350-2802 schlissel.law@att.net

free consultation


Alcohol and Substance Abuse Issues

New York Child Protective Services Attorney

Protecting your rights in Nassau County and Suffolk County on Long Island, Westchester County and in Queens, Kings, New York, Bronx and Richmond Counties

You may like to have a few drinks, or engage in recreational drug use, in the privacy of your own home, it’s nobody else’s business and not a problem, right? Not necessarily… If you have minor children in your home, both alcohol and drug use can, under certain circumstances, put you at risk of being charged with child neglect or child abuse, with the attendant investigation by Child Protective Services (CPS) or Administration for Children’s Services (ACS). If you have been contacted or notified by CPS / ACS that there are concerns about any substance abuse, as it relates to your children, you want to immediately retain an experienced, aggressive and knowledgeable law firm to protect your rights.

At our office, we have used our considerable skill, knowledge, experience and resources to protect families and keep them together for more than 45 years. Whenever possible, we’ll work to get the solution you want without having to go to court. However, we are effective trial lawyers who can protect your interests before a judge, if necessary.

We know the struggles you can face when it seems like your family might be torn apart. We’ll work closely with you throughout the legal process, keeping you up-to-date on all developments, as well as your options, so that you can make informed decisions about how you want to move forward. We’ll always strive to meet your goals as cost-effectively as possible, but we’ll never cut corners to get the results you want.

We offer an unparalleled record of success to our clients. For a free initial consultation, contact us online or call our office at 516-561-6645 or 718-350-2802.

Protecting Your Rights in Matters Involving Alleged Drug or Alcohol Abuse

We’ll aggressively advocate for you if CPS or ACS has alleged that your use of alcohol or recreational drugs has put your children at risk. We’ll be your voice in all meetings, interviews, hearings or proceedings, and will gather and preserve all evidence supporting your defense. Our attorneys will represent you in Family Court proceedings, if necessary, and be your liaison with CPS / ACS officials and with the courts.

Contact the Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo

For a free initial consultation, send us an-e-mail or call our offices at 516-561-6645 or 718-350-2802. Our phones are monitored 24/7.

Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Baldwin, Malverne, Freeport, Oceanside, Long Beach, Elmont, Lakeview, West Hempstead, Hempstead, Merrick, Bellmore